Welcome to this week’s market report. The last seven days have been spectacular and very interesting. We’ve seen a massive decrease in the price of Bitcoin and, at the same time, the launch of a number of promising NXT projects. As usual we start the report by comparing market capitalizations. NXT has declined in price by 13.9% whereas Bitcoin has fallen by 14.6% – overall the price of NXT remains stable, which is obviously nice (NXT is probably the most stable crypto currency out there). In contrast Bitcoin’s price decline continued down to USD 290 each (source: bitcoinaverage.com). According to rumor, the market is being manipulated by the Chinese exchanges OKCoin, Huobi and BTC China. In essence, they are using trading bots to buy and sell ‘fake’ Bitcoins introduced by the exchanges themselves. This idea is especially plausible because none of the three exchanges charge a fee for the trading itself, which makes a lot of people wonder how they can still be profitable. Read more here about Bitcoin’s price decline.
Jinn Labs launches its asset using, for the first time ever on the NXT Asset Exchange, a dutch auction
Jinn Labs, a project founded by Come-from-Beyond, Uniqueorn and wesleyh organized the first ever dutch auction on the NXT Asset Exchange for their public offering (see ANN thread). In a dutch auction the investor places a buy order at the price he’s prepared to pay for a share. At the end of the auction, bids are filled from the highest bid price down until the desired amount has been raised. The last bid order to be filled determines the price for all other participants so that everyone pays the same amount per share. To ensure fairness, the seller does not disclose in advance when he is going to place his sell order. After the auction Jinn Labs reimbursed the investors who paid a higher bid than the final 85 NXT per share.
Jinn has already been in development for several months behind the scenes and has now gone public in order to raise capital for further investments. Jinn is expected to be fully developed Q4 2015. But what, in fact, is Jinn?
Jinn is a general purpose processor based on ternary logic with hardware support for distributed computing. This project also includes the Jiniri Limited (single-node) and Jiniri Unlimited (multi-node) emulators, in addition we are creating a monetized proof-of-concept game. (quoted from jinnlabs.com)
Jinn’s asset has great potential – the token started at the IPO price of 85 NXT per share and is now trading at around 250 NXT. The token only represents a share of the profits, which is paid as a dividend on the first day of every month. The team working on Jinn is very talented and has been consistently delivering solid work ever since NXT was launched nearly a year ago. Furthermore the Jinn project is well organized with a clear way of communication and a realistic timeline.
Launch of two rating services
During the last week two new rating services have been launched.
NXTinspect was founded by whale, jefdiesel and chanc3r. They are offering asset reviews, due diligence on asset issuers, research work and escrow services. The IPO was sold out within a few minutes due to two big investors who bought up all the offered shares. Luckily one of those was jl777, who distributed a good chunk of his NXTinspect as SuperNET and NXTventure dividends. The proportion in which owners of SuperNET and NXTventure received NXTinspect assets was 1:16. In total 1’000’000 NXTinspect assets have been issued of which 40% will belong to the founders and 60% will be sold as IPO shares at 1 Nxt in two batches. As already stated the first tranche is sold out.
Details regarding the nature of the KNS service and the structure of its IPO can be found here: nxtforum, post #49.
As can, starting with the opening post of that thread, the considered opinions of KNS and NXTinspect about the other’s service.
I myself do not express any opinion about the respective merits of the two services except to say that they offer a genuine choice for consumers and that is all to the good: competition drives excellence!
What’s going on in the Asset Exchange?
FunBotV1: The asset FunBotV1 represents a full automated trading bot, which exploits arbitrage opportunities on Bter, Cryptsy, Poloniex and SecureAE. Additionally the bot includes a market making logic on all four exchanges. The asset issuer aims at 8-10% profit per month of which 70% is distributed among FunBotV1 asset holders. The other 30% will be distributed among the holders of the asset FunBotReve.
While FunBotV1 represents 1 NXT in the bankroll used by the trading bot, FunBotReve only represents the value of the upcoming dividends. The asset issuer FunBot is already working on a FunBotV2 (see post #198). This will be represented by an asset similar to FunBotV1, which will receive 70% of the profit, the other 30% to be distributed among the holders of the FunBotReve asset, which explains why, in the 2 days following the announcement, there was a 40% increase in price.
Thanks for reading the NXT Market Report – please leave your feedback in the nxtforum.org.
This market report is for general information and news purposes only. It does not take into account the reader’s personal circumstances, objectives or attitude towards risk. It is not (and is not intended to be) any form of advice, recommendation, representation, or endorsement by the author or the web site owner and should not be relied upon when making (or refraining from making) any investment decision.