August 2016 (I)
Nxt news keep coming. This week we’d like to remark:
- New article about Nxt by Andrew Marshall for Cointelegraph
- Nxters for equity
- Damelon (Nxt Foundation) is interviewed in the first episode of Core TV
- Update about the several campaigns running to promote forging
- Bounty program for Nxt/Ardor guides and FAQs
- DeBuNe again on the tabloids
Here below are more details about each of these:
New article about Nxt by Andrew Marshall for Cointelegraph
The magazine cointelegraph published an article that showed the advantages of Smart Transactions, a feature that is already available on Nxt and that all Ardor’s childchains will be able to use.
The article explains how a lot of the transactions that can be executed on the Nxt platform are intelligent: messages (encripted or not), phased transactions, issuing and buying/selling assets and coins, dividend payments, voting, etc. This preformatted intelligent transactions have been tested on the platform for a very long time, which guarantees a smooth performance with no errors, together with the ability to combine with other smart transactions in order to cover a wide variety of needs.
It is modulable, so the coding work needed to develop an application is significantly reduced. The article explains that working with Nxt’s Smart Transactions is like building with LEGO, while working with Ethereum is like modeling clay every time.
Link to the article: https://cointelegraph.com/news/nxtardor-platform-to-make-blockchain-cheaper-and-safer
Nxters for equity
Dwayne Johnston, Nexter and youtuber, gives us his vision about the Ardor platform and explains us how, in his opinion, the Nxt technology has all the necessary tools to make the world a better place.
NXT introduces ARDOR and we take a giant leep into the future
In this vídeo, Dwayne alleges that ARDOR is going to be something big that will be useful to governments, companies and users. This is why it’s necessary that the people who belong to a minority has to have it’s own criptocurrency. In this way, they become financially autonomous and are able to fight against the economy that, in his opinion, is socially inefficient.
[vsw id=”yauHv5eONQQ” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
NXT crypto technology and PeaceCoin for black people and minorities
In this video, Dwayne breaks down what he already started to tell us in the previous video, how Nxt operates as well as the coin called PeaceCoin (inside Nxt’s Monetary System) and it’s goals. He also goes over things such as the intrinsic value of any coin; the current lack of a coin specific for minorities and the initial difficulties that a newcomer faces when buying their first coins, etc.
[vsw id=”T18TrkGxLao” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
Defy the Financial Power Structure with NXT and PeaceCoin a NXT Currency
Here, Dwayne explains to us how minorities must invest in their own coin, and that the coin for them is PeaceCoin, which is released through the Nxt’s Monetary System. Those minorities, he says, have to recover their dignity. They got off to a bad start because they were given a poor set of cards from the very beginning. He claims that it’s necessary to change the financial structure around us and that’s what he is trying to solve with Peacecoin.
[vsw id=”mkDB6shHx8c” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
Damelon (Nxt Foundation) is interviewed in the first episode of Core TV
In this joyous interview, many relevant subjects about Nxt and the Nxt Foundation are discussed. Among them we would like to bring up here:
- Bas Wisselink’s (AKA Damelon) educational background, how he arrived into the world of crypto and how he has managed to focus his professional life around this world.
- The importance of Megaladon’s campaign to improve the number of Nxt public nodes. Actually, he expects to multiply the current number of nodes by 2 or 3.
- Parallels are made between Ethereum’s recent hardfork / rollback and the situation that happened years ago in Nxt, where 5,000,000 NXT was stolen from the exchange BTER. However, in that ocasion the Nxt community decided not to perform the rollback.
- How the concept “decentralization” can be combined together with the existence of a lead developer.
- The Foundation’s point of view and objectives and that don’t have to be the same that all the Nxters may have (as it would be impossible). Aditionally, another group could take the initiative and launch his own foundation with different goals.
- The difference between “price” and “value” for a criptocurrency.
- The differences between Ardor’s childchains and the sidechains that are projected with other coins.
- The distribution process and the later period to buy/sell ARDR, preceding the full release of the Ardor platform. It was made this way to avoid (unfair) accusations of bad token distribution like the ones Nxt suffer from in the beginning.
- It mustn’t be strange that some members of the Nxt Foundation or from the Development team have started some parallel projects besides Nxt. The names can change, but the projects will last so that they can be continued by anyone who wants and has enough skills.
[vsw id=”Dzt59pkBYnU” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
Update about the several campaigns running to promote forging
Forging is going up. In addition to Megalodon’s initiative (explined in this previous article), some Nxters are starting to voluntarily pay higher fees for their transactions. This adds up to Megalodon’s campaing, the NSC campaign and the Forging Bounty Lotery. A real chance to earn some NXT while strengthening the Nxt network at the same time.
Bounty program for Nxt/Ardor guides and FAQs
OutSL has won the first 5,000NXT of the Bounty program for Nxt/Ardor guides and FAQ creation.
The video looks nice and its detailed content will be really helpful to the newcomers to the Nxt platform. They will be able to visually follow all the procedures step-by-step to install and execute the Nxt wallet on their computer. Here is the result:
[vsw id=”Enwf_mm69sw” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
DeBuNe again on the tabloids
Audo Kryptowitz and Robert Bold wrote this article about DeBuNe. The DeBuNe project aims to build a collaborative network that will allow users to build a genuinely free market economy, opposite to the current situation where lobbies and other powers have the ability to influence the decision making process.
With the burst of the blockchain technology, it’s no longer necessary that a superior entity coordinates/influences the entire process. All the users are specialized and are able to self-coordinate and self-organize themselves. That’s what the DeBuNe project aims to do.