From the website:
No central server = No third party to trust
Secure, 100% decentralized email that ONLY YOU can access!
There is no central point that stores your messages, so there is nowhere to steal or even submit a request for your private data. Even we cannot locate your messages or derive your password, ever. ONLY those who know your password have access.
Nxt does for email what Bitcoin has done for transactions; it makes them secure by placing the data they are made up of outside the control of any one central actor.
kushti, main developer:
For last Techcrunch Disrupt NY a small team(including me as main developer) made messenger built on top of Nxt messaging and aliases. The idea is to hide all tech complexity about blockchain, encryption etc. The service makes NXT account for you, send you some free coins for testing purposes(it works over testnet now), encodes sender alias & title into message, encrypts outgoing messages and shows you mail-like inbox.
- Landing page: http://cryptamail.com/
- Application: https://beta.cryptamail.com/
- Tech FAQ: http://faq.cryptamail.com/
Some notes(more in FAQ):
- As it works over testnet, things could be slow(block generation in testnet is not that stable)
- You can send message to alias(testnet alias) only
- No “Sent messages” as we can’t decrypt them
- We store walletphrase & alias in an encrypted form. Password is needed to decrypt. And we store no password, only its hash. So we can’t help you in case of password being forgotten. Good news: we don’t know usernames(aliases) and wallet phrases as well.
- It could be opensourced later. Time will show.
- Bugs are possible, as it’s hackathon-quality product. Please report of any found.
Go visit: http://cryptamail.com/ My ALIAS is rockon, hit me, I’m ready for your questions.
Appreciate this tip?
Tip me back @ 196910366798475802 / NXT-UWJU-XXST-3MPQ-2JWG7
Managed the development and implementation of Nxt's visual brand in 2014, with web design bureau Ideenfrische.
Issued the NXTP asset in 2014, a profit sharing asset given to early contributors to Nxter.org that helped turn the site into a magazine, publishing news and articles in several languages, and running faucets, contests and social media campaigns for Nxt. ESMA based a report on Nxter.org's coverage of the Nxt AE in 2015.
Arthur is still one of the driving forces behind Nxter.org. He compiled the acclaimed book about Nxt 'SNAPSHOT', which got published in early 2017.
Latest posts by apenzl (see all)
- Nxter News – March 2018 (III): Instead Of Worrying About What You Cannot Control, Shift Your Energy To What You Can Create - 19/03/2018
- Nxter News – March 2018 (II): Don’t Be Pushed Around By The Fears In Your Mind. Be Led By The Dreams In Your Heart - 12/03/2018
- Nxter News – March 2018 (I): Kites Rise Highest Against the Wind, Not With It - 05/03/2018