December 2016 (I)
Here are some of the latest news about Nxt over this past week in December.
- Under the Knife – Janus Project
- Initiative for starting a Nuclear Regulatory Commission Using Nxt
- Snapshot – The First Fortunate Readers Have Already Received Their Book
- Damelon – Don’t Feed the Trolls
Below, are more details about these news pieces:
New Experimental Version NRS 1.11.1.e
Jean-Luc, Nxt Core Developer, has announced the launch of the new experimental version of the Nxt Reference Software (NRS), which includes a series of improvements and new features such as:
- Implemented a “Store Remembered Passphrase” setting in the device settings page. When checked, the client stores the remembered passphrase in the local browser settings or mobile app settings so that the next time the client is launched,
it will log themselves in automatically. The stored passphrase is deleted when logging out of the wallet.
- Desktop Application now supports request confirmations when running as lite or roaming client.
- Sign Transaction modal now signs the transaction bytes on the client side.
- When the mobile app cannot connect to a randomly selected remote node, it will popup the device settings modal to allow the user to configure a specific node.
- When the mobile device is offline, the device settings modal allows for the signing of transactions and generating tokens to support cold storage functionality.
Given that this is an experimental or “testing” version, precluding the launch of a stable version, we recommend that you be careful when using this software and trying out the new functionalities as it may contain some small bugs. However, in order to speed-up the development of a stable version of the software, it would be good to have many users test the new functionalities, especially with the new mobile wallet, in order to check if it’s working properly.
NXTBridge – Nxt Plugin for WordPress
Scor2k, a developer, with the support of NXTER Magazine, announced NXTBridge, a plugin that allows you to connect your WordPress site to the Nxt Network, giving you the opportunity to show real time information about Nxt on your website. This opens up a wide range of possibilities to over 35 million people who have used WordPress to build their site.
The plugin lets you show:
- Some asset information (Name, Initial quantity, current quantity, owner account, ID, last ASK and BID information).
- Proposals for purchase and sale
- Graph for the price with single line
- Graph with candlestick and volume
- In case that we need a more global vision, and not just info about one asset, we can have a look at the TOP 20 shortcut, which will show the 20 most traded assets for the last week. https://nxter.org/ASSETHUB#top20
In addition, we have a small road map for development:
- NXTBridge – Wallet
- Login to WordPress with Nxt account ID.
- View Nxt account balance in the Dashboard.
- Create Nxt account for new users.
- Send NXT tokens, place buy/sell orders.
- Local signing of transactions – passphrase is never sent to a server or node.
- NXTBridge – Marketplace
- Show shop data on a post or page
If desired, NXT donations to the developer can be sent to: NXT-FRNZ-PDJF-2CQT-DQ4WQ
More information: https://wordpress.org/plugins/nxtbridge/
Under the Knife – Janus Project
Anyone who owns a bunch of NXT can issue their own asset on the Nxt platform and start promoting it. Since the creation of the Asset Exchange, there have been a considerable amount of good and profitable projects. But, there have also been some scams.
To help prevent and uncover these scams, Nxter.org presents Under the Knife, a new section that intends to provide in-depth and uncensored interviews with the asset issuers by asking them concise and, sometimes, awkward questions. These are the kinds of questions that some conventional media outlets usually don’t dare to ask. These questions will try to help the Nxt investor, usually skeptical about new projects because of some previous experiences that didn’t go well, clarify their suspicious about the legitimacy of a given asset or, at least, clarify some of the doubts presented.
UPDATE 1 – The threshold will be 3500 BTC. On November 30th, shortly after we published the interview, the Janus team released a statement in light of the current situation of the crowdfunding campaign.
Our team has reached an agreement after looking over several scenarios. We cannot properly justify allowing outside investors in Janus without proper funding.The threshold will be 3500 BTC or the project is not going to be available for the public. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1677509.msg17042198#msg17042198
Please read the post and thanks for your understanding in our reasoning.
We’ve come to the reality that it would be unjust to investors to operate on budgets that would not allow us to meet deadlines. Launching a business and timing it to meet expectations of investors is something I take very serious. If underfunded I’d be held accountable for making deadlines without having the proper staff to deliver in said time frames. If the threshold is not reached by Dec 31st you will be refunded of course.
UPDATE 2 – The Asset Exchange will now be used for the ICO. On December 4th, Janus announced that it’s clear for them that they won’t meet their funding objectives with the current campaign and so a refund will be given to all investors and a new ICO method will be chosen.
…We have come to a decision that it’s best for all parties to end the token sale as it stands in it’s current form. We have added an option in your accounts to save a BTC or NXT address on the site that will be used to send refunds back to you…
Those who wish to stay with our team and business goals can still share in our future to some degree. We’ll be actively in development of the sites described in our white paper, and as such will release Janus tokens on the NXT Asset Exchange in intervals.
- We will release 10,500,000 Janus (JNS) every 4 months. 31,500,000 yearly
- Price initially is set to 1.5 NXT per 1 Janus token. You can purchase tokens right now in your NXT wallets on the asset exchange.
- Asset Id: 4348103880042995903
One of the best suggestions from the community was to allow for a staggered investment cycle in order to show business progress and launch over time. This way will allow those who did not purchase Janus initially, to still have a chance to take part in our mainstream global business success. Instead of dividends, our team will use site revenue to perform unscheduled buybacks to reduce supply and help appreciate token value
More information: https://nxter.org/janus-btc-ico-cancelled/
Initiative for Starting a Nuclear Regulatory Commission Using Nxt
User @Infinta has announced the launch of a Nuclear Regulatory Commission using Nxt. This association intends to show the current worldwide nuclear situation and to achieve the support of a large amount of people in every region of the world to perform some actions against it and change the situation.
Target – To show how many people are actually active in the crypto world against nuclear hazards. Act politically in different countries for this target also. i.e.: Act to dismantle the nuclear weapons.
Membership fee – You should pay some NXT weekly to this NXT account: NXT-KEBX-4722-NRWF-CBWPF and you is a member. You can vary your payments. If you pay at least 1 NXT – you wish remain a member in the whole calender month – if you pay at least 10 NXT then you wish remain member in the whole calender year.
Rules – This club remain open for everybody to join, and you can leave it if you wish. If you leaved the club you can join later. All payments will be used to support the target of this club.
What we have already:
– three members
– I have enough resources to start (time, money and ideas)
Some of the reasons why Nxt is a good tool for this club include:
– Nxt is ready to use
– Nxt is well tested
– Nxt has a great community
– Nxt has great programmers
– Nxt is a distibuted peer to peer system
– Nxt is international
– Nxt has a messaging system with encryption
– Nxt has a voting system
– Nxt has a value
Source and more information: https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-the-nxt-nuclear-regulatory-commission
Snapshot – The First Few Fortunate Readers Have Already Received Their Book
The first few nxters who have received the book have already been able to read, touch, and smell a piece of Nxt’s history. Some of them have shared pictures from many different countries in the world through the forum or using Nxtchat on Slack to share their happiness with the rest of the Nxt community. Thank you all for your support!
If you want the book, you are still on time to buy your limited edition printed copy of the Nxt book “Snapshot – Unsurpassable Blockchain Solutions” (Product ID: 11528988686656082668 from the seller NXT-DE5P-4A5T-6SHU-7FHCV) on Nxt’s Market. Hurry up and don’t miss this opportunity!
Or, if you prefer, you can also buy the digital edition of the book (Product ID: 17374259728781079996 from the seller NXT-DE5P-4A5T-6SHU-7FHCV) at a fixed price of 1600NXT
More information: https://mynxt.info/good/11528988686656082668
Damelon – Don’t Feed the Trolls
Bas Wisselink (aka Damelon), member of the Nxt Foundation and Jelurida, has publicly expressed his displeasure in front of the opinions shared by some types of users that every now and then try to misinform and destabilize the Nxt community, by saying falsehoods and spreading uncertainty and trying to cause chaos.
Let’s be clear: the devs are visibly very busy with Nxt and invisibly on ARDR. They have invested over half a year in building a company to make sure that it is sustainable. I have also been involved in this and I can tell you starting up three companies to make sure these things are done right is not an easy path, but definitely worth it.
For those wondering how a company meshes with creating Open Source software, I invite you to look at for instance this list: https://www.quora.com/Who-are-the-most-successful-open-source-based-companies.
There is no inherent conflict between Open Source and incorporation, especially if the people starting it have a track record of delivering consistent value and being dedicated to Open Source. The dev team is building, and yes, our dev team is a lot more boring than other projects out there. This is one of the reasons I have always loved Nxt, because boring tends to get things done right.
Both Nxt and Ardor are actively being developed… Nxt has had several updates over the last months, and Ardor is being developed on the development branch.
If price speculators choose to go somewhere else: let them. They will come back once news breaks again. If the only way to attract them is to keep putting out PR that is empty of value and just teaching people to chase the latest glimmer of tinsel, then I don’t care to do that. Never have, never will. In the long term, it’s messing up the industry and I’d rather build something lasting.
Building stuff that lasts is usually boring. Well, we’re extremely boring at this time. And that’s a good thing.
Travin (marenkar), also from the Nxt Foundation, adds:
NXT has a market cap of close to $6m and ARDR has a market cap of about $9m, for a total of about $15m. So the devs should just stop working on Ardor completely because the total value of both platforms, with one not even having testnet yet, is a “low” $15m?
More information: https://nxtchat.slack.com/archives/general/p1480770091013660
Weekly NXT/ARDR Price Evolution
The following graphic shows the NXT / Bitcoin exchange price at Poloniex for this past week
The following graphic shows the ARDR / Bitcoin exchange price at Poloniex for this past week:
Latest posts by Jose (see all)
- Tips & Tricks: Nxt/Ardor Clones – How to Retrieve your Airdropped Coins Without Exposing your Passphrase in the Clone’s Wallet - 03/04/2019
- Nxt News – May 2017 (IV): Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go - 22/05/2017
- Nxt news – May 2017 (III): The Only Freedom You Truly Have is in Your Mind – Use It - 15/05/2017
View this in: Español